SW432PD H&RMagnum

FLA2760

I found a SW432 PD NIB and I am picking it up Tuesday. This is a 6 shot J frame at 13.5 oz. The wife who is recoil sensitive is in for a surprise. :D Federal makes a personal defense load in the .32 H&R magnum. I know this gun will fire .32 long, but can she practice with .32 acp as well? Thanks for your replys.

cocojo

Great pickup for her. I own a S&W 432 and found recoil is not bad at all. Don't expect expansion from these guns. I tested Federal and Black Hills 85 grain JHP and neither one expanded. Unreal penetration, more so than 38 special SWC. Try the full Wadcutter or SWC for defense for her, it makes full size caliber holes.

mfree

I love mine :) And yes, it'll shoot .32acp, just don't expect to actually hit anything after that little 71 grain pill rattles through an inch of freebore.

If you can still find it, GA Arms had a 100gr soft point load out that I still use, loaded much hotter than the off-the-shelf federals. There's a 115gr gold dot *bullet* out there, dunno if anyone's actually loading it or not. Most of the OTS stuff is downloaded to play nice with older H&R revolvers.

mfree

BTW: I'm pretty sure that the .32acp anecdote is backwards. Any .32H&R revolver can shoot some .32acp ammo, depends on how wide they've made the semi-rim.

DWARREN123

Try the Federal Lead Round Nose ammo for low recoil and plinking. Ammo is fairly expensive. It can be reloaded up pretty hot also.

kymasabe

Great guns...the 432PD is one of my all-time favorites.

If your wife is recoil sensitive (like mine), Magtech makes a .38 special short that makes shooting a .38 a real treat. First time I fired one, I had to check and make sure it wasn't a squid round.

Love my air weight... I've found the 32 H&R Magnum to be very easy to shoot in my gun, 32 S&W Longs seem like 22 LR...

I'm not sure I'd shoot much acp in the gun, it's a higher pressure round, & could leave a tougher to remove carbon ring because of the "hotter / shorter cartridge"

attachment.php