SW29 Auction Gun

Bullrock

I just bought this used SW M29, .44 Mag, 3" Brl, in Nickle. I bought it sight unseen at an online auction. Something I said I would never do!!! I must have forgot that... ;) After I saw the Pic's my brain went numb, and I began to drool.
attachment.php
My high bid was $525.00. So did I pay too much, or do you think it is worth the bid??? :confused: Be Kind!!! :rolleyes: Thanks

Last edited:

Bullrock

Kinda scary when the old guy doesn't know what he bought...You're both right, it is a 29-2, 4"brl... :eek:
Snub 357, I'm very new to auctions, and thought I had paid too much...Many thanks... :)

RWK

This is a P&R'ed 29-2, N frame, which is wonderful; you did fine on the price -- especially since you wanted it (and who wouldn't?).

mec

YOU DID GOOD!
These things are getting harder and harder to find in any sort of good condition. Also one of the nicest shooting revolvers around- I run mine at .44 Special levels for pleasure and Magnum-lite-1,000fps for anything else.
294inchoil.jpg

Just a classic revolver and probably the nicest one S&W has ever or will ever make

Last edited:

Bullrock

mec

That is beautiful!!! The grips look just like my Heritage Style from Eagle Grips. It's my understanding that those were a standard for SW, until they discovered Uncle Mike's...For cost reasons, they discontinued them... :rolleyes:

Looks like a 4" M29-2 to me, and such a gun, W/O box, is just about right at $525. You might find one a bit less, but you will also see them priced a lot higher. Price isn't all that important when you want the gun. A few dollars one way or the other will soon be forgotten.

Nice gun.