SW Models 25 and 629 Price Check

dallasconundrum

Well, for those of you who read my questions about the Taurus Model 80, I decided against it. However, I did go to my usual store today to see if he had anything in that I hadn't seen yet, and he had two that caught my eye.

Model 629-1: 8.38 inch barrel, target hammer and trigger. Checked it over really well, and it is mint...no box though. But, I am pretty sure that he will throw in the Bianchi leather holster that he has for it. He asked me $475 plus tax for it. Does that sound very good? It seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Model 25: Not sure which dash this one was, as he had it "tied up" and he was really busy, and I was in a bit of a hurry. This one is the .45 LC version though, and I would say has either the 6 or 6.5 inch barrel, not sure which though. It also had the target hammer and trigger. I would say that the gun is about 95%, maybe even better, the blue still looked very good on it all over, with just a touch of wear around the edge of the muzzle. He asked me $550 for it plus tax. This is the gun that I am really more interested in, but that I know less about, especially considering its value. No idea here. So what do you guys think?

Wildalaska

Model 629-1: 8.38 inch barrel, target hammer and trigger. Checked it over really well, and it is mint...no box though. But, I am pretty sure that he will throw in the Bianchi leather holster that he has for it. He asked me $475 plus tax for it. Does that sound very good? It seemed pretty reasonable to me.

OK...if that is the model with the hard chrome hammer and trigger..... pass

WildnotabargianAlaska

dallasconundrum

Wildalaska - Is there any way to tell by looking/feeling of the hammer if it is the chrome? Or checking the model number? Like I say, I didn't get quite as much time to go over it as I would've liked.

But, anyway that is probably not important as I am leaning more towards the Model 25 as I don't have one of those. That is if I even get either of them...I don't know if funds will permit. That 25 is one good looking gun though and not very common around here at least...hate to pass it up.

JoeHatley

IIRC... I paid $385 for this 6" model 25-5 about 4 years ago, without the UltraDot.

25_5_6_l.jpg

Most recent asking prices I've seen have been right at $500. I'm guessing selling prices are prbably in the $425 --> $475 range.

Good Luck...

Joe