SW M&P 9C

longcoldwinter

Is there any difference in carrying a 9C with safety off and a MP 9 that has no thumb safety? Don't really want to carry it if you have to have the safety on to keep from blowning a hole in my leg:)

Uncle Malice

no.

If you need the thumb safety on to keep from blowing a hole in your leg... please don't carry your gun.

Take some training courses.

madmag

Is there any difference in carrying a 9C with safety off and a MP 9 that has no thumb safety?

I am not an MP9 owner, but I was handling one the other day, and the answer is there is no real difference. I think what you mean is the trigger pull the same whether you have the thumb safety or not, and again I think the trigger pull is the same regardless of thumb safety.

At least one reason for the thumb safety is to appeal to police departments that have a requirement for manual safety.

Having said that, for me I would use the thumb safety. I have guns like Glock without a manual safety and others like my 1911 with manual safety. I use the manual safety when it's there. I don't really find it difficult to operate in a stressful situation.....but that's my opinion.

longcoldwinter

If you need the thumb safety on to keep from blowing a hole in your leg... please don't carry your gun.

Take some training courses

Dont need a thumb safety, just wanted to make sure they didnt change the trigger pull. Gun I carry now has no safety, legs still fine:)