Survival is More Important Than Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard Ball

In a real world gunfight things happen VERY rapidly. The slightest delay in drawing, firing and getting COM hits is likely to get you killed. Every aspect of of your equipment and shooting technique must reflect this point. Reject any "safety" tecnhnnuques that are very likely to get you killed. Beware of instructors who do not understand this.

old bear

What safety regulations?

Sir, I can't think of any range safety regulations that would hamper normal training, and I can't think of any safety regulations that should not be followed. Would you please give me some of what you are referring to.

Thanks

sakeneko

How is "safety" not the same thing as "survival" in any situation where your life is in danger and you are defending yourself?

TailGator

Like some others, I am trying unsuccessfully to figure out what you are referring to, Hard Ball. It seems that you are saying that certain safety techniques slow you down in self defense, but I can't think of what you mean. Examples and further elaboration would be much appreciated.

Ben Towe

I think he's talking about holsters and etc. more than anything. Must say I agree on holsters. Don't like my gun lashed down.

I don't think anybody is gonna be too strict on safe gun handling I the middle of a gunfight anyway simply because of the stress.

ClayInTx

I can think of one thing in training videos I’ve seen which I believe is a crock. That is the Weaver Stance.

The Weaver Stance has no place in self defense. If you need the accuracy of it then you are likely far enough away from the BG to get the hell out of Dodge, or do some fancy zig-zags whilst getting far enough away to get the hell out of Dodge.

The firing range and the C-Store at night are not the same thing, not even close.

Of course we’ll now have the comments that “you shouldn’t have been there”. I’m waiting until someone posts of a home invasion and someone chimes in with “you shouldn’t have been there.”

Yeah, I would hate to use any safety techniques. It would be better that I end up killing myself or some unintended person such as a loved one rather than letting some bad guy kill me.

What a bizarre drive-by followed up by a proclamation of prowess with absolutely no explanation as to what the heck he is talking about.

pax

Closed.

Hard Ball, please PM me with a detailed explanation of what in the world you meant if you want to see this reopened. As it is, it certainly looks like trolling.

pax

Status
Not open for further replies.