Surplus Rifles AIN"T

kraigwy

Without Bayonets;

Display fo part of my Surplus Rifles, w/Bayonets, all are shooters and "as issued".

Display.JPG

Tyrant

Very nice

Nice collection there. Looks like your display rack is mounted with a single mount and those bayonets are making one side a little heavier than the other.

kraigwy:

The arms race must now include bayonets?:eek:

I never liked the Norinco SKS spike, nor the price of Garand bayos.
The Enfield #4/Mk1 spikes are better than the SKS, but still are not macho-looking blade types.

At least this recently-acquired Spanish FR8 Mauser (.308) has a nice blade type. Numerous components interchange with the CETME "G-3s".

cracked butt: that bayo looks truly wicked and nasty.:eek: It must be longer than the ancient Roman gladius (sword) and could be inherited from Swiss medieval tradition of equipping some of their mercenaries with those long pikes. Similar versions are in "The Wizard of Oz" at the castle, or in the hands of the Vatican's Swiss Guards.

Last edited:

cracked butt

cracked butt: that bayo looks truly wicked and nasty. It must be longer than the ancient Roman gladius (sword) and could be inherited from Swiss medieval tradition of equipping some of their mercenaries with those long pikes. Similar versions are in "The Wizard of Oz" at the castle, or in the hands of the Vatican's Swiss Guards.

I don't know much about swords, but it feels way to heavy to use as a sword- has to be 4 lbs or so. The sawback was probably meant to be used as, get this: a saw. There are 3 rows of teeth and they are razor sharp. I tried it out on a pine 2x4 once, and yup, it cuts pretty good.:p

Chris_B

Ignition Override- I got a solid WWII M1 bayonet and scabbard for my Pop last year for 90 bucks- UFH, scabbard had been painted over. it wasn't a 'looker' when I got it, but a little mineral spirits and elbow grease revealed all the original paint on the scabbard, and some Soft Scrub and a rag cleaned the rust up on the bayonet. Turned out to be a respectable bayo and scabbard for what I feel was the right price. Just saw an uncut Model of 1905 bayonet, Springfield, 1919 production with the original walnut grips in good shape, with the correct canvas and leather scabbard in good shape go for 200

Compare that to my 'good' Model of 1905, Springfield 1919 above, with OK original grips which cost me 170 alone only three summers ago, which was a fair deal at the time. Detroit Gasket scabbard was another 125

Your bayonet is out there at a good price :)

Buzzcook

Cracked butt: That sure does look like a Swiss saw back bayonet. It might be newer than the rifle, but I'm pretty sure it was designed for it.

cracked butt

Cracked butt: That sure does look like a Swiss saw back bayonet. It might be newer than the rifle, but I'm pretty sure it was designed for it.

Yes, its a 1914 engineer's bayonet, it does not fit the 1911 rifle, but does fit the K-31s.

kadima

You can always get a K31 to match the Faschinenmesser. After all it won't cost much more than the value of the bayonet itself...

K.

kadima

I have 1/3 of your K31 and yet feel sorry for the one I am not shooting... I couldn't stand to shoot a K31 and have other 5 idle.... :cool:

K.