Surplus Nagant Revolvers are back.

Cheapshooter

And Graf & Son's has the Russian surplus ammo in stock for $3.99/14 rounds plus one price shipping of $7.95. Just ordered 20 boxes. With shipping, and NRA round up donation, just under 35¢ per round.
Glad I got my 1895 Nagant when they were a hunnerd bucks cheaper.:D

Is that ammo re-loadable??

I dont have one yet, I should have gotten one when they were 80 bucks.
I may get one when the price gets back to $120.
I do have a nice stash of starline 32-20 cases. For roll your own.

deerslayer303

No that's surplus ammo which is berdan primed, but it's far hotter than the anemic PPU and Fiochi. The pistol shoots far more accurately with the surplus.

Cheapshooter

Actually the Russian surplus they are selling now, if its the same as the 14 rounds per box stuff I already have, is milder than the commercial ammo. The pics look like it, same box, and the cases do not have the flanged mouth that seal the chamber when firing. When I ordered the last batch I was told it is target ammo.
But hey, it goes bang in my Nagant revolver, something comes out the end, and it actually hits in a decent enough group, and close enough to where I aim to make me happy.:D

Mosin-Marauder

I'm really considering one of these for my first handgun. I don't want a .22, and another piece of history would be awesome. Ammo's not too bad. 22/50 PPU rounds or 3.49-4.99 for 14 surplus. Plus it's a revolver. It'd pair nicely with my Mosin. Then I'd have a Mosin/Nagant!
Ba dum tssss. :D

hartcreek

And once you get one and start hand loading you will realize how low pressure the factory ammo is and what the round is really capable of almost .32 H&R loadings.

tobnpr

Yeah, I got the email. I thought about it....and passed, they're sold out now.

I'd have probably bought one for something close to the fin they used to sell for, but not twice that much. They just didn't "do anything" for me then, and don't now. Interesting design, but butt ugly, and from what I've read an absolutely horrible D/A pull and accurate enough to shoot only in S/A mode. But, no reason a collector shouldn't have one just "because", I suppose.

I see plenty of them listed on the auction sites for $300-$350. None of them sell.

jimbob86

And once you get one and start hand loading you will realize how low pressure the factory ammo is and what the round is really capable of almost .32 H&R loadings.

Mine did pretty well with Hornady's .312" 100grain XTP (#32070), over 9.5 grains of H110 and a small magnum pistol primer..... just over 1000 f/sec and cases dropped free when pushed from the front of the cylinder with a finger. Recoil was stout compared the Prvi factory rounds ..... accuracy was comparable (and chronoed more consistantly).

I tried some .314" cast lead bullets, with poor results .....

jimbob86

When all the surplus ammo are gone, the price will get back to that but you may not want one then.

I'll try to wait for that to happen before I buy more of these ..... I really like mine.