surplus ammo and arms ar15?

zachkuby87

anyone ever use one build one? even seen one in person? im having a hard time finding any reviews. ive already got one on the way because the price was just about unbeatable. im just wondering what i got myself into here.
http://www.surplusammo.com/surplus-ammo-arms-ar15-complete-lower-with-magpul-moe-stock/
this lower with a ctr stock
http://www.surplusammo.com/surplus-ammo-arms-complete-ar-15-m4-16-upper-receiver-5-56-1-9/
rifle cost about 550 before extras i ordered basicall all the magpul goodies.

RT

I have never seen one, but the lower is simply an Aero precision forged lower with a DPMS parts kit and Magpul furniture. The upper looks to be an Aero upper with a 4140 non-chrome lined 1/9 twist barrel.
It's a fine set up for a plinker.

globemaster3

+1. I visited their store last summer and was amazed at the price of their assembled lowers. They were cheaper than just the parts alone if I were to buy them myself from someone else.

They confirmed that the lowers are Aero Precision with their roll mark. As madcratebuilder mentioned, they also confirmed using DPMS for the LPK.

CTS

I've used their stripped upper for one of my rifles. They are very good quality. I am told that they make Spikes Tactical receivers for them among others. I mean Aero Precision, not Surplus Ammo.

madcratebuilder

I think many would be surprised at the big name 'roll marks' that Aero Precision manufactures. Some brand names well specify certain changes like mag well beveling or the way the 'safe' and 'fire' marks look, letters or pictogram. I'm not sure if Aero Precision does the anodizing, I think that's contracted out. There are several grades of finish with some costing more.

When you add up the cost of the final finish and any extra machining time you see how they can cost almost double of what the standard receiver set does.

blacksky

Great quality

I have used uppers, lowers and BCG'S from them! I'd rate their quality at the top and their prices at the bottom. A great combo for you and your wallet! :D