Surefire 60 rounder mag

Glenn E. Meyer

Anybody have one? They are pricey. Might be fun for carbine matches.

But they seem they would be a heavy thing.

Oh, new gadgets.

I don't think I'll need one for an ambush but it looks like fun.

B. Lahey

I don't have one yet, but they sure look neat. I've been following this endless thread on arfcom:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/518820_SUREFIRE_s_upcoming_60_rdr_and_100_rdr_magazines.html

It looks like there have been scattered problems, and assembly is weird enough that some have been improperly assembled at the factory (probably, as far as I can tell just from reading other people's posts). When Consumer Tenthumbs tries to take one apart and put it back together, the problems seem to be increased. They also seem to have issues with some ammunition varieties like the 75-77gr OTMs.

I'll probably still pick one up at some point. The 100rd version would be particularly goofy/entertaining. But I'm going to try real hard not to get it dirty enough to require taking it apart and/or stick with spraycan cleaning.:D

boostedtt91

ive been wanting to try one, but they are just wayyy to expensive. AR Stoner makes a 40 round mag for around $20 so i think ill give that a shot first. For how many mags i can buy for the price of one of the surefire 60 round mags, i dont think its worth spending that much money on one

Justin at THR has been running one in competition for awhile now. He has a review thread in Rifle Country discussing his experience with it. Haven't seen one myself yet.

g.willikers

Some of the mail order sites have them on discount, down from $129 to $89.
Still not exactly low priced, but better than msrp.