suppressors

Pukindog

I own a suppressor for my .22 rimfires. I had an idea. i have a Browning A-Bolt in 7mm08. It is threaded for the Boss. Question 1; can the Boss threads be used for a suppressor? question 2; if a can will fit the threads can I use a .30 caliber can?

Jeff

zoomie

if a can will fit the threads can I use a .30 caliber can?
You're asking if you can use a 30 cal on a smaller caliber? Yes. It won't work as well as a properly sized can, but lots of guys get a 30 cal and use them on everything (except rimfire, of course).

Poodleshooter

IIRC, the BOSS threads are 9/16-24 RH. I'm not sure about the length of the threading. I would suspect that it's fairly deep.
AAC and YHM make .308 suppressors for that pitch, but you'd have to get their specs to see what length threads they require .

David Hineline

9/16X24 works fine in a mount, you would need about .600 of exposed threads and a square shoulder and check that the threads on the end of the barrel are aligned with the bore, the accuracy needed in threading to get the bullet out of a 2" compensator and out of an 8" silencer with a tight bore hole are two different types of threading.

Ask over on silencertalk.com and someone has probably done it.