Suppressor that works for BOTH pistol & rifle?

Pistoler0

Do you know of a suppressor that could do double duty on rifle and pistol?

My pistols are 9mm and 45 ACP
My rifles .223, 308 and 7.62x39

ballardw

If the calibers are not the same, or very similar, the performance is going to be poor or worse. Of the cartridges you list none of the rifle would be compatible with pistol cartridges shown.

The size of the projectile and the amount of space around it and the suppressor baffles is critical for good performance. If you attempt to put a .308 projectile through a 9mm (.355 in roughly) bore then you have a lot of gap allowing gas and sound through the suppressor. The other way around and things blow up.

The projectiles are close enough in size that .308 and 7.62x39 could share a suppressor. The only common rifle/pistol suppressor compatibility is for .22LR (and related .22Long or .22 Short) that I am familiar with.

Pistoler0

Thank you, I had been looking for the Hybrid 46.
I had seen in online once but then I lost track of it and did not remember what it was called.

Sharkbite

Just understand that it will is a compromise.

I have a .45 cal suppressor that i sometimes use on a 9mm pistol. It is not as quiet as a dedicated 9mm can. In fact it sounds a lot like my 9mm “mini” can (Ti-rant 9s)

The 45 can is also larger then a dedicated 9mm can. These are the trade-offs to get a “one size fits all” can.

Kind of like a “universal” holster. Fits lots of stuff, but doesnt fit anything well.