Suppressor for .44Mag lever action

PatientWolf

I am planning to rebarrel a Browning B-92 .44 magnum lever. It looks like a factory barrel is not to be found so I am planning to go to plan B and have a 21" barrel made and have the end threaded.

Who makes a .45 cal suppressor (if I go to the trouble of getting one, I want it to work with a 1911 as well or possibly a 45-70 in the future) that will withstand .44 mag loads? I would plan to mostly shoot .44 special out of the rifle, but would not want to damage the can if I shot a .44 mag.

Thoughts or suggestions?

PatientWolf

I just figure it'd be on of those situations where people would be speechless because they wouldn't know whether to cuss you out or be envious.:D

Sharkbite

I was thinking about a Ruger 77/44 suppressed. Thats why i asked SWR/SilencerCo about my Octane45.

A lever would be cool to. Ive thought about getting my Marlin 336 threaded and running my SDN-6 on it. Just for giggles

PatientWolf

Thanks Mobuck. I was aware of that (the reason for the last sentence in the second paragraph), but it's always a good reminder since it may not have been clear why I was planning to run mostly 44specials through it. I just want to make sure if I do at some point fire a full .44Mag I won't be trashing a very expensive item.

Crosswire3

I threaded my 77/44 for a Ti-Rant 45 and it's claimed it's fair share of game. I have it sighted for 100yds, and it's 3" high for most of the flight there. It isn't a whisper, but it's about the same volume as a crossbow.

Crosswire3

I left the barrel at 16" so it can be used without the can. The optic is a Leupold 1-4x which is perfect. 240gn lead SWCs moving at 950fps pack quite a thump when they finally get there.

smee78

I did not know the Octane 45 was rated for 44mag, (Thats why i asked SWR/SilencerCo about my Octane45.) Now I have another gun to thread :eek: