Superbowl Sunday

Bigfatts

Not a football guy myself so me and my brothers headed for the swamp. After a morning of decent squirrel hunting we headed out to a little honey hole and walked up on 8-10 of these rascals in a muck canal. I managed to bag these 3 after one sounded the alarm. They look tiny in the pics but were 20-25# each, the one in the middle bigger than the others. No mama. I know a big sow came out of this area a week ago and think these were her's. Used the Marlin 60 with Stingers, one shot each.

7ef27465.jpg

PoorRichRichard

Freakin' nice!!! I much prefer your version pig-skin sportin'!!! I did not know you could get the little ones with a .22. Very encouraging*:D

kenny g

Mmm Mmm

my tongue's about to slap my brains out thinking about young roasted porky pig with fried taters & onions. :D

Bigfatts

Freakin' nice!!! I much prefer your version pig-skin sportin'!!! I did not know you could get the little ones with a .22. Very encouraging*

Man, the Stingers did work. Spined one of them. Instant dead. Another through the vitals, made a mess and exited! One was a quartering shot that entered through the front and exited just behind the rib cage in it's right side. None moved more than five feet. I was actually surprised it worked so well. I shoot the Velocitors normally and wouldn't hesitate with those. But I traded my bolt gun for my brother's 60 when he grabbed the shotgun.

I can't wait to get these things cooked up in the next couple days. Might actually go buy a smoker now. Perfect size.

PoorRichRichard

Bigfatts- That's rad man! My uncle just gave me a nice old 60 (holds 18 in the tube!) and really nice old Savage Model 6 that holds 14 in the tube. Where is Lutz? I live in Southern California, and I'm always looking for new hunting buddies.

Bigfatts

Ah, that Marlin should serve you well. Next time I'll take my XXII, it's the only modern semi auto .22 I have and I don't want to beat my old ones to death with the high velocity stuff. I'll run the Velocitors through it and see how they compare to the Stingers. Going to try and nail the rest of the little ones we saw.

Lutz is in Florida, just N of Tampa. But hey, if you're ever out this way during hunting season hit me up, I'll take you out in the swamp. :D

Doyle

It seems to me you would have to be really careful cooking those little ones. They have so little fat on them that I would think they would dry out easily. I'd be tempted to cover them with bacon as a protectant.

Bigfatts

Doyle, I now have an idea for next time... They really didn't dry out at all. Smoked 'em low. They were tasty as all heck. Heck I say!

Deja vu

they look good, especially in the pot. I missed the super bowl too, but that was because of work... I would of gladly missed the game for those hogs!