Super Hog Killing

andrew66

that was one of the best videos i have ever seen. My hats off to the pilot and shooter. Both have amazing skills!

koolminx

Nothing beats P dog hunting! :D

Did you see some of the comments where they touted the .223 as a great Hog gun because of what they saw from the video?

I must ask those guy's if they noticed that 90% of the shots were spine shots that were taken from above, not shots at the lungs or head from a parallel position 100 yards away...

Either way, it was a fun video, I like the barrel mounted camera and the Red laser Dot, and tat kid was pretty good with that AR.

Fat White Boy

Why is he wearing camo if he is in a helicopter is a good question. They used to paint F-4's camo on top, white on the bottom. Does real tree make that pattern?

the357plan

What kind of bullets was he using?

I've always thought of a 223 as a varmint round. What 223/5.56 bullet would drops hogs like that. Looks as though the rounds had good penetration since it appears that some of the hogs had bloodied exit wounds. At least it looked that way to me. Anybody think they're using something expensive like Cor-Bon DPX Hunter, 62 Grain Barnes Triple-Shock X, or cheap FMJs that might be tumbling inside of the hog? Sort of gives me a new respect for the round.

Scorch

So they're in a helicopter, why are they wearing camouflage?
So the hogs can't see them, of course!:rolleyes: Because his 3-piece suit was at the cleaners!:rolleyes: So the folks watching the shooting would know it's not a cop show!:p To blend in with the vegetation!:D

What difference does it make what they are wearing?

lt dan

dam this is my new all time favorite you tube vid. i am going to watch this again and again. i will show this to all my wart-hog hunting buddies. is there a possible vacancy? all i can say is that i now know my destiny/calling.

crimper

Was it a 5.56 for sure, or maybe just an AR platform with a .450 Bushy or .458 socom. Either way looks like a great field trip to go on!

Uncle Buck

Chances are they were hand loads if it was a Department of Conservation shooter. A lot of these organizations have people that reload for the department, or they special order ammunition for certain needs.

Here in Missouri, the I hunted with the USDA Sharpshooters and they used special hand loaded rounds made just for them by another department employee.

Either Way, nice video.

Not sure what Dustin bought for the AK..I got golden bear 62 grain hollowpoints for the AR15. From the laser sight onward is the AR15. The first of it was the AK47

I stand corrected. Saw this in the comments section of the video.

Last edited:
They were wearing camo because it was cold out that day and even colder flying in an open chopper.

I must have missed the paper on the thermal properties of camoflage. How does camo keep people warmer?

As near as I can tell, it would just make you harder to find after the chopper crashes.

lt dan

one of the best vids ever and people get HUNG UP ON WHAT THE GUY WAS WEARING.. if he was in the f.... nude would it make a difference to this fantastic vid. dam man move on and focus on the job at hand. for heaven's sake!!!!!!!!

my complimants to the gunner and the pilot. well done simply well done. my kingdom for a chopper******!!!!!!

Deerhunter

I know they were shots from above but I still have a hard time beleiving that they could have been using 5.56 or .223. Some of those pigs were pretty big and they were just rolling over. If you watch the video close some are spraying blood pretty good. Regardless of what ammo they were using still a good video.

JerseyDrez

Wow, pat on the back to both the shooter and pilot. Some great shooting, especially the pack of 5 or 6 pigs that he took out all in a row.

One question - what do they do with the pigs after? Take them away and turn them into sausage or leave them to rot for other animals to eat?

Christchild

Some of those pigs were pretty big and they were just rolling over.

That's right. I was "asking myself" what cartridge they were shooting, almost the whole time. Like You said, some of those hogs were a few hundred pounds...looked like lightning hit 'em.

I thoroughly enjoyed that, and as soon as I'm done typing this post, I'm gonna watch it again...:D A "hunt" (slaughter/shoot) like that would be fun with just my bolt action .270! Awesome Video...

One question - what do they do with the pigs after? Take them away and turn them into sausage or leave them to rot for other animals to eat?

I thought that, too. My solution would be one guy keep a GPS and "mark" every time a Hog dropped, then You'd be able to find each "mark". Every GPS Unit I've ever operated has that feature. Just hit the "Mark" button. It should keep a log of it. Or make a "route" with the marks and You can find every single mark.

I just hope they intended on recovering at least SOME of the hogs.