Super BlackHawk in 454 or 480.

Will a Super Blackhawk in 454 or 480 be a hot seller?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joshua

If Ruger lengthens their Super BlackHawk or Bisley frame and cylinder to accomodate chambering 454 Casull and 480Ruger, do you think it will be a hot seller? I've been holding out on buying a BFR in 454 for the reason that maybe Ruger will chamber their SBH or Bisley in this hot caliber. For now I have no choice but to hold out, but once I get back to the states I'm buying a single action revolver in 454.

josh

biere

There may still be a gunsmith who offers a 5 shot 454 casull setup on a super black hawk frame.

I believe a search will turn up threads on this.

I own a 44 mag super blackhawk and the gun is fine for lots of carry and some abuse and lots of plinking and shooting. Basically, I got my money's worth in a gun that handles rough use around my property and lots of shooting.

If ruger offered this setup in a 454 casull I would compare it to a freedom arms in 454 casull or a similar power level round. The bfr should also be considered but I just never took a liking to it myself.

When I think about a heavy round like 454 casull I think specific hunting or something, or I am planning to mostly carry 45 colt loads in it.

I personally am trying to save up so I can just get a freedom arms in one of the more powerful chamberings. I want a revolver with that level of fit and finish for that level of power.

After learning about how most folks who bought rugers in 45 colt would tend to ream the chambers to be equal and sized properly I wound up figuring that ruger was fine for 357 mag and 44 mag stuff.

For the more powerful stuff, I want things fitted a lot better and I don't want to be expected to do it myself.

joshua

I do admire the FA revolvers, but that kind of fit is not what I would like for a revolver that will be on my hip for the just in case scenario in bear country. Maybe the field grade model will be more like it, since I want the gun to function even in the most fouled condition. I can live with a revolver shooting in the 1.5" @ 25 yards. My Ruger SRH and SBH in 44 mag can group my hunting loads inside 1.5" @ 25 yards and I've gotten 2.5" at 50 yards with my SBH. I still have 2.3 years to wait before buying another revolver, then it's either Ruger SBH or Bisley in 454 or hello to my first BFR. josh

joshua

Cool! Now we're getting some votes. I thought there were more Ruger guys in here than just 20? josh