Super blackhawk cylinder pin slipping

glockorama

I just bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 mag. When shooting the cylinder pin sometimes moves foward during recoil and locks up the action (until I push it back). Is there a way to stop this from happening? Does anyone make a more firm or sturdy cylinder pin release button?

pawcatch

That happened with my single six the other day.When the pin comes out the transfer bar hits the firing pin and keeps the hammer from being pulled back any further.I just screw the relese button in more.

Jay Baker

Boys, go to http://www.sixgunner.com and click on the Belt Mountain ad. They make locking cylinder pins that work correctly. I one on a .45LC Blackhawk, and another on a Super B.H.

You won't go wrong getting one for your Ruger S.A.

J.B.

Badger Arms

There are a few options. Belt Mountain (do a search in Brownells.com) makes a pin that has a locking screw. You can also send the gun back to Ruger telling them what the problem is.

Chris Bowie

Slipping cylinder pin

I agree with the comments re. the belt mountain pin. Had the exact same problem.... the new pin, with locking screw not only solved the slipping but also greatly reduced cylinder wobble. i'm in South Australia and I cant fault Belt Mountain's service. The new pin was out in a matter of days!
Chris Bowie Mount pleasant South Australia

Dubletap45

I have a .44 SBH that did that also. I sent it back to Ruger and it has never done it again. Their service was excellent, they also corrected a little timing problrm it was having. They had it back to me in about 3 weeks. The belt mountain pin they speak of will bugger up the barrel a little. Not a big deal I suppose, but on mine it is just not necessary anymore.