Suggestion for collapsible stock with adjustable cheek riser?

Shadow9mm

Never found a need for a cheek riser on an AR. With the sight height on the AR, and the buffer tube being so high, it lines up just about right generally.

HWS

Oh yeah, I did all that cheek riser stuff to make a prism sight work. Then I went back to irons and didn't need all that crap and it was much faster without the riser and the prism sight.

HJ857

I typically like a lighter stock in a collapsible, but the CAA is overall really nice. The QD attachment points are pretty much unbeatable, the rubber butt pad really increases the stickiness of the stock. I don't use the storage at all.

I felt the front edge of the riser sometimes felt like it had too much flex, so I just jammed some cardboard under it and taped it up with this stuff like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Uning-Self-a...73ca-403a-923c-8152c45485fe&tag=thedrive09-20

Pistoler0

I got this one, on its way through Amezon
FAB GLR 16-S
attachment.php

Got it super cheap like for $40+: suspicious, prolly made of chineseum but for the price I couldn't help it.

I'll report back on Friday when I get it.

Attachments

• GLR-16-CP.jpg
    GLR-16-CP.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

dyl

Magpul makes snap on cheek risers that go with the MOE and CTR line. Larue Tactical has a spring loaded reciprocating cheek riser that you can install on the MOE and CTR line without drilling holes, about $40. Reciprocating / sliding is so that even if the charging handle bumps into the cheek riser pad, it will scoot back out of the way and you can charge your rifle. If your stock is too collapsed with the cheek riser, it will interfere with charging. Some folks take a dremel and reduce the footprint of the cheek riser to suit what they need. I hear sometime this year they are making a budget version of the Magpul Precision Rifle Stock (aluminum) which is supposed to be half price, since it's polymer. the PRS is expensive but people say it's sturdy.