Sucked into the Glock vortex

Dogger

Have been avoiding the Glock 19 for 5 years. Went to my favorite gunshop today and picked up a G19. The gun fits my hand to perfection. So why haven't I bought this gun by now? Because I am afraid my Kimber will spend its lifetime in the safe. My Kimber already takes a backseat to my Colt CCO. No knock on the Kimber, but I have this personal bias that the best handguns are those best suited for CCW. Tomorrow I go to purchase the Glock 19.

20 hours and counting...

Am I nuts or what?

:)

FPrice

Welcome to Glockholics Anonymous!

Dogger,

You will NOT regret this decision. I have 3 G19s and they are great pistols. Now, there is no one pistol which is everything to everyone, or to anyone even. But the G19 fills a definite slot and with proper ammunition selection should be equal to almost any self-defense task.

Frosty
MOLON LABE

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
The downside...

...to a compact-sized, 15+1 capacity, nearly bulletproof, ultra-reliable, rust-free, low-maintenance, lightweight carry gun is what, again?

(Other than it being a little homely-looking... ;))

Welcome to the collective. Assimilation is painless. :D

FPrice

Homely-looking???

Tamara,

When was the last time you had your vision checked???

Glocks have the classic lines of a simple yet elegant solution to a pressing need!

That's kinda like saying Julia Roberts is "average-looking"!

Homely indeed! <snort, snort>

Frosty
MOLON LABE

Snowshoe

I have never been a fan of the 9mm. However, I find myself carrying my 19 more and more. I have a Kimber pro carry, to me the 19 carries a little better. I think the weight has some thing to do with it. I also have a fear of the thumb safety engaging at the wrong time. {It did it once on the range.} Just remember, you are the one who has to be comfortable with your choice, no one else does.

Chad Young

Dogger, repeat after me: "My name is _____ and I am a Glockaholic. I joined the dark side _____ months ago and it changed my life."

We are Glock. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Dead

Tamara,

I have seen a NIB Glock 23 that had a broken striker or something. Thing still fired, though the primer hits would be ALL OVER THE place, from dead center, to nearly missing the prime. It would also failed to stay cocked after firing about 20 rounds, that is when the problem was noticed.

Even after witnessing that I still have confidence in Glocks, now I just need to get me one :D

FPrice you have 3 19's?? Can I please have one? ;)

Bandito

I would never call Tamara homely looking... ohh we're talking about the Glock 19.... Seem the vortex has gotten ahold of me too and the 19 seems to be the obvious choice for me..

Rick

Dave T

Dogger,

Since you seem to have a preference for 45 ACP handguns (Kimber and CCO) you owe it to yourself to give both the Glock 30 and Glock 36 a try.

In defense of Tamara (not that she isn't perfectly capable of defending herself both verbally and physically) Glocks are kind of ugly. Their beauty, if you can call it that, is in their function. The ugly damn things work!

krept

Yes, welcome to the Greater Collective. Learn to detail strip it and you will be fully integrated.

--------

Still, STILL fighting the uphill battle and remaining loyal to HK... growing weaker.

Dogger

Took possession of the G19. :)

Got it home and did a side by side with my Colt CCO. The Glock is an awesome piece of engineering. Picked up 100 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 grainers (or was it 125?). Am looking forward to the range trip. Detail stripping is definately in my future. :)

denfoote

Welcome to the Dark Side!!!

Your transformation is now complete my son. You will now serve only Gaston, Dark Lord of the Glock. Take those puny Jedi weapons, and cast them aside. Feel the power of the Dark Side.

Bob Locke

As a G19 toter myself, I bid you welcome to the club and applaud your excellent choice in firearms.

I also applaud your choice of fodder. I, too, carry the 124-gr. Gold Dots. If you need to use that weapon, you will NOT be undergunned.

9x19

It seems my Subliminal Brain Wave Generator is still functioning to... Perfection! :D

If it ain't Glock, it ain't worthy!

My grammer? She's fine, why'd you axt?

Dogger

Took the Glock 19 to the NRA range last night. Absolutely incredible handgun. It gobbled up the 100 rounds of Speer Gold Dot +P without any hiccups. Shot it at 5, 7 and 10 yards. At 5 yards, with careful aimed shots, it was absolutely dead on for windage and elevation. Accuracy is superb and limited only by my trigger control. Talk about coming back on fast to the target! Was easy to bring it back for follow up shots. At 10 yards I was making shots as fast as I could get the front sight registered center of mass. I could call the flyers and the gun grouped nicely in a six inch circle. Again, the size of the group was a function of me and not the gun. I only wonder why I have waited so long to purchase this Glock? No sharp edges, cleans easy as pie, conceals like a dream.

I am a convert!

Marko Kloos

Welcome to the Church of Glock. The G19 was my first Glock after a decade of SIG/HK loyalty and polymer distrust. The G19 is one of the sweetest carry packages ever devised, and I personally think the G19/23/32 frame is the most balanced of all Glocks. The G19 is light, compact, accurate, tough and reliable...a world-class defensive tool. It doesn't need to be pampered, and you can count on it to go "bang" if and when you need it. As far as 9mm carry pistols go, the G19 is pretty much the bee's knees.

Amelia

Hello.

My name is Amelia and I'm a glockaholic.

*HELLO AMELIA*

:D

Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.

I started with a 19. I still love my 19 though i often carry the 26. :)

You are going to love it!

Congratulations!

Amelia

Jesse H

awww guys

I've gotten my heart set on the G19 since day one. Being a poor college student whose happy to plink his Ruger 22/45, I thought it would be better to step up to a Ruger P95, for the time being since it's affordable and nice.

But all this talk...grrrrrrr.