Success with Standard Velocity ammo.

AzShooter

I've been shooting CCI Mini Mags and Blazers because both work real well in my Mark IV 22/45 LIte. They are accurate and very reliable. The Blazers are good but sure do smoke a lot. I can really tell the compensator is working when I use them.

Today I wanted to test some Aquila Standard Velocity (SV) and CCI SV ammo. In the past I was getting a number of failure to eject because there wasn't enough power in the cartridges to force the bolt back all the way. I installed a Volquartsen recoil spring kit with the lightest spring in the gun today and surprise, surprise, all the SV ammo worked great. I only had one failure to eject out of 400 rounds.

Groups were a little better with SV ammo. I still haven't decided to use it for matches because I use Mini Mags and I know they work. All I need to do is replace the spring when I want to go to the different ammo. Takes about 2 minutes and the switch is done.

pete2

I have some old Aguila STD that is very accurate but it won't function my MKII pistol or my 10/22. CC/I std and Wolf std will work both guns, the Wolf is very accurate.

AzShooter

Tried it again today with CCI SV ammo, Aguila Standard, Wolf Match Extra and Ely Match Pistol. All shot with no failures to eject or feed shooting 400 rounds. All I did was put the Volquartsen lightest spring on the Guide Rod Assembly and there are no more jams.

The gun shoots a lot softer with the lighter ammo and I'm able to keep my dot on target between shots. I know this will help with transitions for the Steel Challenge matches.

Accuracy is much better with Ely Match Pistol and the Wolf Match Extra. Fortunately I have lots of it in stock. Thought I wasn't going to be able to use it in the 22/45.