Success..so far

elkman06

Well I have had some success this hunting season.
I spent a week in the Bighorn mtns and came away w/ one 3pt buck deer and no elk.
Turned around yesterday and went to Medicine Bow Forest where I had my additional cow elk tag. Set came up at 3PM and shot the elk at sundown. Just happened into a herd of about 20.
I plan on going to Jackson on Monday to hopefully fill the other elk tag. No pics,,,no trophies, just food.
elkman06

JKump

Not to bad either. I have taking one whitetail Buck this year, but only have hunted 3 times. I shot him at about 180 yards at O dark thirty (705pm) while loading my blind into the truck. He was across the field from me.

Attachments

• 1024091927a.jpg
    1024091927a.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 49

elkman06

Whew, Just finished packaging the elk.
So far the freezer has 71pcks of deer breakfast sausage and 24pcks of steak.
75pcks of elk burger, 20 pcks of elk cube steak, and 20pcks of elk steak. Also have about 15lbs ground w/ pork for brautwurst. Ran out of time today.
2deer, one elk.
elkman06

lockedcj7

First of the season

I've seen several does, fawns and a fork-horn. A few nights ago, this big boy stepped out into a pasture 400+ yds from my blind. He never got close enough for my tastes and we ran out of light. Got a chance to go back tonight and he got under my self-imposed 300 yd. limit. Not the best shot in the world but I watched him fall so he wasn't hard to find.

deer001.jpg

lockedcj7

Thanks. The rifle in question is a Rem. 700 ADL syn. in 30-06 with a Simmons 44 Mag 3-9x40 scope. The load used was a 150 gr. Win. PowerPoint over 57gr. of IMR-4350.