Sub-Compact 9mm's; Glock, CZ, or Sig

IanS

I've been thinking of getting a smallish 9mm that's easily concealable. The Glock 26 is at the top of the list because I really love my Glock 27. But I've been going to CZ's website lately and their CZ-75B Compact looks like a very trim package compared to the G26. I've also been thinking about the Sig P239 in 9mm as well since I've had good experiences with their products.

I'm looking for opinions from owners of these 3 pistols, the Glock 26, CZ-75B Compact, and Sig P239. Anything you'd like to share about these 3 brands would be appreciated.

tetchaje

The smallest of the three is definitely the G26. If this is a consideration for you, then your choice is already made.

The CZ 75 Compact (PCR) is larger and wider, but it takes 15 round 75 mags (though they stick out about 1/2 inch) which are cheap and plentiful. The PCR would do well to have some of Hakan's custom grips which are quite a bit thinner than the factory rubber ones.

I love my SIG 239 9mm. It is a really nice package that shoots well, has a great trigger, and has been utterly reliable. The trade-off that you make is that it has the lowest capacity of the three that you have mentioned.

Bottom line: they are all fine weapons tat would serve you well. Make a pick according to personal preference and feel. :)

FOX4

If you have a G27, why do you want a G26

G26,27,33 are identical in size. The SIG 239 is narrower, but larger overall. I have a 27, and , with the purchase of another barrel, a 33. Love both. I will probably end up with a SIG239 also. I realize this is probably no help to you at all. Just sharing.

stmcelroy

I've owned a Glock 26. It is a compact, albeit extremely fat gun. It is very accurate, and recoil is mild even with a two finger hold. If Glock would make a single stack model 26, I believe everyone would buy......but not yet....

I'm currently in a dilemna deciding between either a Kahr K9 or Sig 239. The 239 is a great gun, and the Kahr just feels right in my hand (plus the one I've found is $100-150 cheaper and an Elite 98). Needless to say I'm leaning towards the Kahr.

In my search for a CCW/Shooter 9mm I would seriously look at the following:

Upper Tier:
Kahr K9/P9 or MK9/PM9
Sig 239
S&W 3913/3953

Lower Tier:
Taurus (forget the model number)
Kel-Tec P11

Good luck making a decision.

Steve

Eric Larsen

All are top quality guns...period. The Glock is a Glock...nice and great carry...but to short, stubby and thick for my tastes....flame proofing has commenced.
The CZ Compact 75 and PCR are 2 completely different animals but the same size...for a CCW. Look at the PCR. It was built as a Carry Defensive Weapon...the Compact is 2lbs EMPTY :eek:...I know I used to carry one. The PCR is about 6 oz lighter and has many more CCW friendly features including the Alloy frame.
The Sig is another excellent choice and is thinner than the rest.
Its a wonderful gun...
Glock small and thick with good capacity
CZ slightly bigger and 15 rnds
Sig smaller and 8 rnds..

For a CCW they are all very very worthy of consideration......

Attachments

• pcriwbclip.jpg
    pcriwbclip.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 98

VVG

I looked at the SIG (I think my P220 is awesome) but thought the P239 too big and top heavy. Didn't like the feel of Glock, worried about Kahr quality, found the answer:
CS9_LS.jpg

CAP1

I hate to ever not recommend a SIG. But if you are talking sub-compacts - the G26 is a fine firearm. Reliable enough to bet your life on after a reasonable break-in period.
The p239 is a little heavy for my liking. Then again I carry the P228 1/2 the year so who knows.
You can't go wrong with either. I would test drive both and buy which ever one fits/feels best.
CAP

Tecolote

Unless you're thinking strictly defense, why not get a 9mm conversion barrel and magazine for your G27?

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Like my friend Carlton, I carry a Sig P228; when I'm
not carrying the Sig P220; but faced with your choice's,
I would vote for the Glock 26!:D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

DDGator

CZ-100

Hate to add another gun to the list, but when you look at the CZ-75 compact or PCR -- also look at the CZ-100.

The CZ-100 is slightly smaller (thinner) than the compact and weighs less than even the PCR b/c of a polymer frame. The gun is available in 9mm or .40. It is a DAO -- so you have to like that.

The CZ-100 gives you all of the safety of the Glock, plus the reassurance of a heavier trigger pull -- IF you want that -- in a slightly larger but much cheaper package.

Check it out at www.cz-usa.com

M1911

The P239 is a whole lot bigger than the Glock 26. I'd argue that the P239 is more of a competitor of the Glock 19/23 than the 26/27. My P239 .40 has been reliable and very accurate. I don't like the placement of the slide release. The P239 also feels a bit top heavy in my hands and has a fair bit of muzzle rise due to the high bore axis.

Another gun to consider is the Kahr MK9.

M1911