SUB 6 pound gun!!! They do RECOIL!!!

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
This 5100 with plastic stocks and 20 inch 20 gauge barrels tips the scales at a svelte 5.85 pounds!!!:eek: No wonder my shoulder don't like the second shot so much!:D
And missing the round screw hole cover ain't helpin' none I am sure!!!

I will be getting real wood and a nice recoil pad for it!

Brent

Last edited:

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
OOL, The main intention for this gun is actually as my deer gun...

It is the light, easy all day carry I was after... The pump gun is just a nuisance in carry... Always changing carry position (also requires a visual muzzle check)... Like totin' a 2 year old around the flea market...:D

So with my trusty basic cheap slugs, if it can close to the accuracy, in my hands, as my M-500 it will be my carry gun.

So far on only 2 shots at a time, fully off hand standing (no improvised rest) I am getting 2-4 inch groups at 30-40 yards.

But I fully expect far better results with a tight (tenite stock is not 100% tight fitting) fit solid wood stock set and a NICE comfy recoil pad...

BTW, I justified the fact I bought this without discussin' with wifey as "Consider this the father's day present you said was too pricey then... Just a hundred bucks... YOU DID GREAT BABY... THANKS!!!":p

Brent

Scorch

Brent, recoil pads is fur sissies. Git out thar and shoot it smore an yull git usetit. And gitcha sumathem maaaagnums, ah hurd them kills deer dead right quick.;)

SUB 6 pound gun!!! They do RECOIL!!!
Yes, I'm sure it does. Something about "equal and opposite reaction" comes to mind. Try a Kick-Eez pad, they work.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
The site okiecruffler linked to will install one of the pads they sell fit with stock cut to LOP you request for 30-35 bucks depending on which you get...

Total to buy stocks and pad is $125...;)

Brent