Stupid Stupid Stupid

PatientWolf

Saw a Browning model '92 at the LGS yesterday at the end of the day. Went to pick it up 45 minutes after they opened today. It was gone. :(

MattShlock

Nah, it was a luxury -- if it was "all that" you would have bought it and not needed the time to triple check prices and convince yourself. You still have your money brother.

PatientWolf

I did go back to research, but my focus was to find out reliability rather than price. Yes, still have my money and after my research I'll watch for another model 92 in .44 Mag to come available from either Winchester or Browning. (Fingers crossed).

Jo6pak

Did that with a 20ga Browning Ultralight A5 with a 18" bbl years ago....would have made the perfect grouse gun:eek:

Malamute

I think the Browning/Miroku 92's are probably the best 92s ever made, including the originals. No extra "safety" parts, extremely well made, better steel than the originals, and generally shoot pretty well. The Winchester/Mirokus are still very well made guns, they just have a lot of small extra "safety" parts and the rebounding hammer system that occasionally cause ignition problems and poor trigger pulls that the originals and Brownings didn't have.

whippoorwill

It's usually best to do the homework before going shopping............

I don't believe the OP went out intending specifically to purchase a 92, so it would have been difficult to do homework before going shopping. Many times I've seen something on the rack that called to me, but I wanted to learn more about it before making a purchase. I'm sure that many of us have been there, done that.

vkeith

whippoorwill said:
I don't believe the OP went out intending specifically to purchase a 92, so it would have been difficult to do homework before going shopping. Many times I've seen something on the rack that called to me, but I wanted to learn more about it before making a purchase. I'm sure that many of us have been there, done that.

Yep, been there, done that. I saw a HS2000 at a gun show several years ago and was tempted, especially for the $300 asking price, but I hadn't heard anything about them.

The plan was to research it, and pick one up at the next gun show. I never saw another one, and the next thing I knew, Springfield had taken over distribution and the asking price was $600.

Jo6pak

That is where smart phones come in handy these days. Hopefully in-store googling will cut down on missed opportunities in the future;)

richardcorey

Wolf - We used to say when I was kid "Don't feel like the Lone Ranger..." We have ALL done that trick of Shoulda Coulda Woulda and lived to tell the story.
In the long run we are our own worst critic, but Hey, getting there is half the fun, so stay in the market and happy hunting. Enjoy The Ride.