Stuck...

Yosemite Steve

As I was repeatedly resizing a cartridge to come up with a custom fit die setting for my Savage I neglected to lube on one stroke too many and spent a good deal of the morning removing that cartridge from the die.

My method was drilling, tapping and using a bolt and a socket as a spacer to pull the cartridge.

Lube is good.

hdwhit

My method was drilling, tapping and using a bolt and a socket as a spacer to pull the cartridge.

That's an effective method that a lot of people use.

Glad to hear you got it out.

Chainsaw.

Cant pull the neck stem? This is what I do on lee dies, tjen a long skinny punch to reach down to the base of the case, few raps witj a hammer and out it comes.

3Crows

I stuck a 30-30 case the other day on a new set of Lee dies. Good thing with the Lee does that the stem just pulled out. Then I knocked it out with a punch. Put it back together and kept going. I guess I did not have enough lube on a new die. No more problems since.

3C

m&p45acp10+1

JohnD If you can find a machine shop a machinist can get it out for you. It would cost a bit. Though probably less than a new set of dies. Also a stuck case remover is fairly priced as well.