"Street Combat" Holster

ACP230

I got my El Paso Saddlery No. 88 "Street Combat" holster a while ago. Today I finally tried my Smith Model 58 in it and found it fits well. The No. 88 is a big holser, almost all of the gun is covered, except the grip. It is plain black, lined, with the El Paso trademark and MADE IN TEXAS stamped on it. I was too cheap to spring for floral carving or basketweave, although they are available.

I wore the holster for about an hour and tried out a few chairs, some jackets, and a few draw strokes. Not even my large winter jacket covered the bottom of the holster, but I planned to use it for open carry anywhow.

Like most new leather, the Street Combat is quite stiff. The first couple of times it took a real yank to get the gun out. As I went on it loosened up a little. I will need to practice quite a bit more with it before using it for IDPA, but it is legal for the matches, and should work well for that.

It occured to me, just now, that the El Paso holster and the nickel M58 would make a good combo to wear while stream fishing next spring and summer too. (Now if winter will just get out of the way.)