Streamlight TLR-6 first impression

Cyanide971

Won’t be a long, detailed post, just my initial thoughts after mine arrived earlier.

Initially, I’m very impressed with it! Not bad for only 100 Lumens and 2,000 Candela. Here’s a few quick pics from outside before I mount it on my pistol (Gen 5 Glock 26).

1. Very compact.

0ecc7dbee180c3365afbaaca9c4d5fcf.jpg

2. The corner of our barn at about 15 yards.

c81978f66c16b07cb281500a7d2f3f3e.jpg

3. About 20-25 yards to my car.

76f5d55549547ba1354ed8878d5be311.jpg

4. About 40-45 yards to this tree.

816251e651f4c1e0b08a887cd6ee1156.jpg

Weather permitting, I’ll probably try shooting some with it tomorrow evening, and will probably zero the laser on it for 15 yards, even though I plan on keeping it set for light only.

TruthTellers

They're really the only option for a Glock 26/27 mounted light and it is nice that a laser comes with it, even tho I don't need it.

Seems that's becoming common with budget weapon mounted lights having a laser included. Not saying that the TLR-6 is a budget light, but compared to other lights that have a laser included it sure is.

I really just want the light, but when I can get a laser too for not much more, I'll take it. I have a light/laser I got from Amazon for $40 that's rechargeable. The light is excellent and the laser is good out to 10 yards, that said, I don't expect the laser on these sub $75 light/laser combos to hold zero very well, but as long as the light stays on (which mine so far has) I'm happy and when the light is what I want, I can't complain.

It would be nice to see Streamlight make a larger variant of the TLR-6 for larger sized pistols that lack a rail for mounting lights, like the Ruger SR series, Beretta/Taurus 92's, 1911's, etc. Something that is a bit longer and can accommodate a brighter light, but more importantly dump the button cell batteries and either use an integrated rechargeable battery or a small battery like CR2.

In a time where battery technology and light technology has advanced so much to still be using those button batteries is asinine.