Strange twist of fate

Rob96

This morning at Home Depot I ran into a friend. We briefly talked about the projects we were doing and the talk then turned to guns of course. I happened to mention that two handguns I regret getting rid of were the 4" GP-100 and the Springfield Mil-Spec I had customized at the SA Custom Shop, to include a trigger job by Dave Williams. I said I could really kick myself in the ass for that.

I finished my work at home and headed to my favorite gun shop. There in the case right up front on the top shelf was Springfield. I asked to see it. I flipped it over to see the serial#. Sure as ****, it was it. As the guy went to tell me about it I cut him off and explained in detail what was done; 10-8 rear sight ad trigger, properly fittedd beavertail, SA Swenson style thumb safety, NM bushing and the oh so sweet trigger work. He asked how I knew. I told it was mine and I had traded it foolishly. He couldn't believe I would do something like that. Another salesman overheard me give the details but didn't hear I was the one who had it done. He then looked at me asked me if I was buying it, and I said "Hell Yeah!" He was a little bummed becasue he was going to lay it away when the shop closed. It feels good to have it back home.

Last edited:

johnnypi45

WOW!!!!!......congratulations on your luck and re-find!!!!!...I'm glad it worked out well for you. Let us know how it shoots (again:))

Petey

Sevens

C'mon man, the big payoff-- and totally relevant to the story. So tell the rest of it! What did you trade it toward when you got rid of it, and how much did you have to spend to buy it back? If you took it in the pooper, we'll understand. If you made out in the deal, the story is even better!

I'm the kind of guy who is afraid to sell/trade any of my guns for fear that I'd regret it. In the 20 years I've been doing this, I've sold off exactly two and though I miss one of them a little, I don't regret either. But yeah... I'd have a hard time losing, trading or selling anything I own right now.

Rob96

When I Traded it, it was even up for a new G21SF when they first came out. I bought it back for $400.

Rob96

It actually doesn't look like it has been fired since I had traded it. After all of the work Springfield did one hell of a nice Parkerizing job on it. There is absolutely no wear and breech face is still nice and parked.

Sevens

Wow, that really went both ways. I think it was nuts to trade a customized shooter for a new pistol that they make in batches of 8 million at a time. But $400 to buy it back-- great deal!

You did quite well!

IMTHDUKE

How does the old song go?...."If you really love someone, set them free."

Not exactly, the deer hunter's sing: "If you really love someone, set them free." Then hunt it down and kill it.:D