• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Strange addition to post.

hansolo

IP: logged ??

:mad:

What the Sam Hill does this mean? I'm resgistered. Maybe an "Anti" hacker is lurking to pi** is off.

Molon Labe!

Gewehr98

Yup, I see it too.

I just figured Rich and crew had enabled IP logging to try and ferret out the less than scrupulous posters.

Ed Dixon

What the hell is IP Logged? I hit it too and got the same response. Am I being watched? Is radiation involved? I feel violated and I'm not even sure why. Confused. Tense. Confirmed with self that I'm not the mole, but still not sure I can be trusted. Must... find... answers... Will begin hunt for truth in my fridge. (That thing is lurking to the right below me even now. I think it's asleep but I'm getting out of here.:eek: )

tyme

Administrator
It's probably just php leakage. Actually, what it really means is that the BATF knows where you live...

Quartus

If Gewehr98 is right, I don't mind as long as it is available only to mods & technical staff. I once saw a forum where your IP was not only logged, but displayed on each post! :eek:

Nope. Don't post there.

slick slidestop

It's probably just php leakage. Actually, what it really means is that the BATF knows where you live...

I'm not at home, and I'm at a HUGE major University on a multiple random server site.......It'll take em a while to find this computer....and then I'll be gone:D

It's a Bird; It's a Plane; No, It's Just Me Screwing Up!

Staff requested that we remove the "New Thread" Button from existing Threads...evidently some of you guys are screwing up repeatedly. :mad: This resulted in my playing around in the back room to reset the hacks to the new version templates. While I was back there I repeatedly pulled some of the wrong switches. Should be good to go now.
Rich

BigG

Yeah, Rich, I admit we are retards, um, I mean computer challenged. :p I have started a few new threads myself meaning to reply to one in progress. :eek: