Straight Poop on the Kahr P9

I'm looking for something just like the Kahr P9, but can't seem to find it. There seems to be a lot of negative lately, so what's the deal with the latest batches of P9's? All of the shops rave about them, by the way.

Trsnrtr

Despite all of the negative comments on Kahr, I've had nothing but good luck with my P9. I quit keeping track of how many rounds I put through it after 1200 or so and have never had a ftf, fte, a burp, a hiccup, nothing. I like the gun a lot.

My son did have some problems with an early P9 but Kahr replaced it immediately. This was around the first of January last year. His calls and emails were promptly answered. Obviously others have had problems.

surefire

I just recently traded for a Kahr P9 from bigdaddycool and I had the chance to put about 150 rnds through it today and it is Utterly reliable and shoots very sweet and DAMN accurate. My first impresions are this is definetly going to be my new summer carry gun, I came back from the range today and went on about my business later at the local wal-mart and had a serious PANIC ATTACK and reached back behind my right hip and it was still there. This gun is so slim and so Light that I almost forget I am carrying it at times, I even had on just a t-shirt earlier today and my girlfriend came up and gave me a hug and said "oh, you don't have your gun on today";) GET YOU ONE AND YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!

bikeguy

pleased as punch with mine. I had the walking trigger pivot pin problem, but it has been fixed and has had no problems since. Mine also has the "warped" rails, but this has not affected performance at all.

very accurate, very light, very slim. Only gun I would (and lately have) carry more is a Kel-Tec P-32. I carry it a lot lately because it has been too dang hot to wear a "cover" shirt.

SAWBONES

Mine's fine.
Kahr's current QC is awful, so I assume I got lucky (it's about time!).
Caveat emptor, and inspect carefully before you buy one.

Johnny Guest

Moderator in Memoriam
I like mine very much - - -

- - - Light weight, large enough to hold securely. Accurate. I've shot a couple of matches with mine and have no real complaints. I have longish fingers and I have to concentrate on keeping strong hand thumb down so that I don't inadvertently lock slide open, but that's the only problem I have with it. I don't consider this to be a flaw in the pistol.

The P9 is enough smaller and lighter than my Commander .45 to fill a niche. Fewer rounds than a Kel Tec P11, but noticibly flatter, and I carry an extra magazine anyway. The control and ease of

Carry: If I had it to do over again, I'd probably want the slightly smaller version, for use in my side pants pocket. I can carry it in a belt slide holster for 1911-types. and it is really good in a Pager Pal holster or a Kramer T-Shirt. It also rides nicely in my waistband under a tucked shirt.

Best,
Johnny Guest