stovepipe primer up

Recon7

I had a stovepipe failure on my G17 at the range yesterday, but the funny thing is I was looking right at the dented primer. The next round was stripped from the mag and halfway loaded. I was using a cheapo gun show special hi cap magazine.

So here is the question, can I blame the mag for the failure, or do I have to admit that my glock is now just 99.8% reliable and no longer 100%

David the Gnome

How many rounds does the gun have through it? It may just be a combo of a bad mag and a weakening recoil spring. I would also suggest taking out the extractor and giving it a thorough clean.

Recon7

the gun is fairly new probably shot about 1000 rounds so far and I only fired around 70 rounds since the last cleaning when this happened.

Doesn't the typical stovepipe leave the case mouth up and primer down? Does anybody here think it was the extractor?

HKFan9

Never heard of a stove pipe like that, but would assume like someone said it would be caused by the extractor maybe? Maybe limp wristing? Maybe the Glock Goblin, who knows:confused:

Recon7

Anybody else seen something like that? The mag I used is a junky Hi cap that does not have a steel body like the factory ones. The follower also sticks when you get around the 30 mark when it should be able to hold a few more. I really want to blame this thing.