Stosel pocket pistol

Strayhorn

My local shop has a small pocket pistol for sale which we have tentatively identified as a Stosel model 1915.

Thre is very little info available - I've looked through all my reference works and done some web searching - all I've turned up is a few places selling mags and grips for this pistol.

The Blue Book doesn't even have a listing for them, much less a price.

Anyone have any ideas about this item? Would it be a nice addition to my collection of pocket pistols or should we use it as a boat anchor? It was brought back from Germany by a veteran, and we have no further info (it was part of an estate).

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

Steven Mace

Strayhorn, Stosel was one of many trade names used by Retolaza Hermanos located in Eibar, Spain from the 1890's until the 1920's. The Stosel was chambered in .25 ACP and was a cheap imitation of the Browning 1906. Today a Stosel in excellent condition might be worth about $125-$175. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

Strayhorn

Thanks, Steve

That's a worthwhile clue and I can trace it back from there. I suppose this is like the MAP plant, turing out those Browning copies like so many hot bisquits.

Recently purchased a Mars .25, another 1906 copy made by MAP. I was frankly surprised at the fit and finish, plus the accuracy.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC