Stolen in Southern Idaho

IDAHOMIKE

Posting this for a friend...Stolen in Southern Idaho:
One DPMS LR-308 with threaded bull barrel and Vortex 4-16x glass, Serial number 107253
One Remington 700, wood stock, chambered in 243, serial number 345747
There is a reward offered for the Remington. Contact Jason at 208.320.8633 with any info. Please help spread the word and lets find his family's Model 700.

allaroundhunter

Were they stolen out of a truck? Safe?

This may sound weird, but were there any marks or features that set them apart from "standard" guns of their respective models?

PawPaw

Has your friend filed a police report? Has he double-checked to make sure that they're listed as stolen on NCIC?

To all the TFL members. This is important. Please keep an inventory of all your firearms. Make, model, serial number, any identifying features or accessories. If the firearm is stolen, those identifiers help the LEOs find your guns, but listing them on NCIC is not automatic. The detective has to take an extra step to make that happen and when manpower is short and the hours are long, sometimes that step gets missed. If you have a stolen gun, make sure that it's listed as stolen with the National Crime Information Center. Raise hell if necessary, but make sure that's done. It's an extra step that some agencies fail to complete.

I know that these guns were stolen in Idaho, but if I find a gun next week here in Louisiana, I'll query NCIC to see if it is listed as stolen. If it's not, I'll be forced to return the gun.

IDAHOMIKE

Not sure about any fine details about the guns. They were stolen from his pickup while it was parked in the driveway.