Stoeger Coach Gun

beardenbc

Stoegers are cheap. That's about all they have going for them I think. Not terrible, but not really good either. You get what you pay for.

CZ makes a coach gun. If it's as good as their other SxS's then it's a damn good one.

I'm lucky enough to have a Fox-B that was made to a coach.

smee78

I have a stoeger and it works just great, never had a malfunction or ftf, check out the sass shooters and ask them. I bet they put more rounds out of there shot gun's than most people.

corvairkid64

Coach Gun

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to shoot a short barrel side-by-side 20 ga.
It was a 50+ year old gun.... not sure of the brand.
I like the simplicity of a double barrel.
I am looking for an affordable, good quality "coach" gun.
Not married to any particular brand.
Ideas?

oneounceload

Again, what is the purpose? Just a general, around the farm fun type of gun, a competition (CAS) type of gun? Something for sporting clays? Or basically some form of HD?

While it CAN be used for all of the above, in certain aspects, there are better alternatives

EdInk

I too have been looking off&on at coach guns. The Stoegers seem okay and very reasonably priced. They aren't the sweetest things ever but are definitely nothing to write-off.

That CZ one looks beautiful!!! Anyone here use one?

Do you know if CZ makes a hammerless one?

The Stoeger is about half the price though.

IDAHO83501

I tought about getting one once, but then I could not justify the purchase. I could not think of a situation of where it would be better than a pump shotgun.

drjjpdc

Corvair besides the purpose, we also need to know what you expect or want to spend. No matter what you are buying (cars, guns, watches, etc.) in the end it all comes down to price and then you go from there.

Hog Buster

I’ve got a Stoeger Coach Gun and pleased with it. It’s made in Brazil and has the European style safety, goes on when you open it and has to be taken off after re-closing it to fire. Doesn’t bother me, but some folks don’t like this feature. It can be modified however. I use mine for varmint and vermin control. It’s barreled modified and improved cylinder and groups well out to about 30 yards. It’s chambered for 3 inch shells also. Points quick and fit and finish is good. I paid about $300.00 for it.

loverme85

They're not asking why you should have one, and my opinion is that Stoeger makes junk guns. I would never own one

Vilhelm

hey corvair

this is a gun discussion board and you invited discussion

let it flow and you might learn something

corvairkid64

After reading all of your replies here and in other forums, I have made a decision of what I will NOT be purchasing.
The Stoeger is off my list. The common themes I'm getting (even in Stoeger's own forum) are misfires, broken firing pins, cracked and mismatched wood, and my favorite... both barrels firing at the same time in the single trigger models. The complaints go on and on.... no thanks Stoeger.... I'll look elsewhere.
Thank you again to all here who have been putting up with my questions since last Feb.
I'm sure I'm not done asking yet.