Stocking Stuffers

pax

My husband isn't going to find a new gun in his stocking this year (poor guy). But surely there are some gun-related goodies which ought to be found in that sock.

So how 'bout it? What gun stuff do you hope Santa puts in your stocking this year?

pax

"We didn't actually overspend our budget. The Health Commission allocation simply fell short of our expenditure." -- Keith Davis

Dave R

A few suggestions...

Ammo is always welcome (unless the recipient is a reloader who disdains factory ammo).

If there is a good indoor shooting range in your area, a membership/gift certificate...

If there is a handgun to be used for home defense, then one of those quick-opening "touch type" safes designed for nightstand/bedside use would be nice. Would run $100-$150 and up.

Does the gift recipient have high-quality hearing protection? If no, then a good headset would be welcome. $15-$40 would get a good set. Best would be one of those hi-tech electronic headsets that amplify small noises (for hunting purposes) but suppress big noises (i.e. gunfire) I think those are $150 and up.

If the recipeint does not have any shooting glasses, that may be appropriate. Clear plastic eye protection is $2 to $10. Polarized yellow sunglass-types will probably run $50 up.

Any of these items should be found at a good gun store, or wherever fine shooting supplies are sold.

Happy holidays!

[Edited by Dave R on 12-18-2000 at 01:09 PM]

David Scott

Some thoughts:

Walley World was selling a Hoppes gun cleaning kit in a nice wooden presentation box. About $30.

Consumables in general make good stocking stuffers. Ammo has been mentioned. Targets, maybe? I like the Shoot-N-See ones myself.

I never met a gunny who didn't like knives, too. A decent folder would be nice to find in the stocking. Beware, though, of the $5 - 10 folders sold at flea markets. The quality bites.

I understand there are some good computer hunting games out, and a new SWAT simulation game.

You could find him a big ol' belt buckle with the logo of his favorite firearms manufacturer.

Subscribe him to his favorite gun magazine if he's not subscribed already.

You could get him a toy gun that fires Nerf darts, so he can practice indoors.

Ledbetter

Boresnakes

Come in various calibers. .22 is extremely useful.

How about some clean rags? His are probably all oily.

Quart of Mobil One.

Decoupage of Ed's Red recipe.

I better stop now.

Led

echo3mike

Hmmm...let's see...what would I want, (or what WOULDN'T I want),

...New McMillan stock

...Tasco SS scope

...scope mount & rings

...reloading stuff, ( how come I NEVER have enough!)

...range membership

...NRA dues paid for the year

Hey, maybe I should give this to my fiancee' instead of posting it here!

Happy Hols!
S.

Gewehr98

Naw, Ledbetter, you forgot to mention:

Lanolin, USP, Anhydrous!

Or a big resealable Mason or Kerr jar to replace the one you borrowed to mix and store Ed's Red in.

Then of course, there's always renewing your Significant Other's NRA membership for a year, or a Midway gift certificate...

DCR

Snap-caps for dry-firing
Squinchy foam disposable ear plugs
Exploding targets
Wild cherry Life Savers
Peanut M&M's
brass drift punch(es)
bench block
bottle opener on a dummy bullet (of the same caliber as the handgun) keychain
microwavable pork rinds (surprisingly good!)

(all of which I've received over the years, and gotten much enjoyment from)

- - - D.

Ammo. You will never go wrong with ammo. If you want to splurge and he already has a 1911, then a .22 conversion kit is nifty toy.

Betty

Last year my brother got a jar filled with "candy" from my cousin. Turned out they were individually Xmas-wrapped .40's with little ribbons to tie up the ends. It took him half the day to unwrap them all.

Bogie

My best bud gave me $200 worth of credit at a top benchrest gunsmith/toy store...

I gave him a jug of AA2200 (he's got a 6BR barrel he's never fired that he wants to use for varmints) and a Dremel kit with one of those flexible shafts (he's a MacGyver type) - Haven't picked out something for his wife type yet...