Stinger Pen Guns now selling for $1,000+...

Skans

This is nuts! The price on these things has gone up about $400 over the past 2 years, and they continue to climb. They are single-shot, hard to use, hard to deploy, small caliber, gun-sticks. Why on earth hasn't Bond Arms or someone else bought the patent to do a limited run? At this rate, you might be able to buy a Python for less than a Braverman/Stinger Pen gun!:eek:

Auto5

I paid $120 new for mine in .25 acp sold it a few years later for $150, after I realized that it was just a novelty, with little or no practical application. I almost choked when I saw what they are selling for now.

I remember them from the '80s. In CA, you could get one if your boss (chief or sheriff) signs off for you. Ours wouldn't. :mad:

peggysue

I got my R.J. Braverman Stinger new in 1994 for $220. sr nr B0006XX It is 25cal. I had a FFL back them too. American Derringer was the last company to own the tooling and etc.

The patent was applied for in 1990 and Stingers started to be sold in 1992. This was pre home computer days.

My COP 357 (I do carry it) I bought a while back cost me $750 with box in 2011. Now they are $1500 and up. I wanted one when they came out in the early 80's but being limited to small town local gun stores I could never find one.

699504d1402051721t-glimpse-my-little-collection-downsizer-pengun-1.jpg

Last edited:

Skans

As much as I would like to have one of those pen guns, I simply can't justify it at today's prices. I have wanted one of these since I first saw one in a gun shop in the mid '90's. The gun shop owner was selling them for about $400 even then - which I thought was too rich for me. Since then, I haven't seen any being sold for less than $400 otherwise I would have purchased it. I just don't always get what I want - maybe that's what keeps this interesting for me.

I have a COP 357 too; wanted one since I saw one a friend had sometime in the mid '90's. Mine doesn't have the box, but I only paid $350 for it. I was able to buy a complete parts set which I keep with the gun; probably makes up for not having the box. I have never carried mine, but it's not out of the question.

michael t

Lot of wish we would have bought back then . I grabbed a Belleview WA. Detonics Combat Master few years back at good price. They are also going up . My Colt Officer or Defender a better carry and all around pistol . Still something about the Detonics :D

I'd liked to have one of the 25cal pen guns my self. Didn't have the money in those days :rolleyes:

Boncrayon

What if you miss your target after one round? What's its purpose when a mouse gun gives multiple rounds. Sounds like a James Bond assassin implement!

Skans

What's its purpose

1. Celebrating a neat "workaround" on one of ATF's rules about AOW's.

2. I can wear it like a Pen at work, impress my boss and female co-workers.

3. It's a great backup for my backup.

4. I can hunt squirrels with the rifle version (they actually made a rifle version)

5. I need something to match the belt-buckle derringer I plan to buy

6. I can mount it on my AR15....just in case!