• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

still cant open threads....

fubsy

Ive been to aol three different times and deleted all kinds of things that are supposed to help me access this site and its not working......this is the only site I have trouble with.......since I appear to be unable to open the threads...could you please respond using my email address...fubsy2000@aol.com.........thankyou..fubsy.

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Send me an e-mail...detailed, as to what your problems are. Be precise...

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

HS

Um... DC, he'll never read this as it's a thread ! ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

Grayfox

I've been watching Fubsy's comments carefully as I've been having the same problem. I'm on AOL too. I've called them with no help. They just say the site is overloaded.
Tonight I couldn't get in again when I had an idea. I opened Internet Explorer and sure enough I got right into TFL. Even tried bounching back and forth between AOL and IE. I still couldn't get in on AOL, but IE let me right in.
I'm seriously looking at changing ISPs.

fubsy

I believe grayfox is correct....the problem lies with aol.....this morning using aol I accquired the forums and threads like Im supposed to....I would bet that this isnt a hi traffic time for them.......
...grayfox...Ill try that explorer, it certainley cant hurt...tks fubsy.

JJB

This sounds like a version of the problems posted by BladeForums users trying to access from AOL. What about it Spark?

Jim in IN

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

Bushwhacker

This what Spark sent the members via e-mail on linking problems:AOL USERS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ACCESS
Since we've switched servers, we've had several AOL users tell us that they
have been experiencing problems with the forums.

Typical symptoms include:
- Forums getting to "39% transfered" and stopping
- Slow download speeds
- Inability to get past the front page
- Threads taking a long time to open, or not opening at all

For further information, please refer to this thread:
http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000128.html

Apparently there is a DNS problem somewhere out there that is affecting
AOL's ability to get to the new location of this site.

There are a few methods to try to work around this:
- Start AOL, then minimize it. Launch Netscape or IE externally from the
AOL Browser, and go to the forums.
- Uninstall and reinstall the AOL software.
- Use this URL to access the forums: http://216.199.9.67/cgi/Ultimate.cgi
- Find a better ISP (Extreme, but better than staying on AOL) Why should
you pay $22 a month for a service which is lacking in so many
ways? Don't even get me started on AOL.....
---------------------------------------------
Hope this helps out