Sticky vs StaysPut

smokehouse4444

As the title says, I am wondering if anyone has used both the Sticky Holsters and the StaysPut Ultra Holsters. I have seen a lot of comparisons between the Sticky's and Remora's, but never the StayPut's. I have been impressed with the reviews for both.

I am currently using some fairly generic pocket holsters for my Kahr CM9 and my Colt Mustang. I also have an Uncle Mike's IWB that is OK if I feel I really need the clip.

I will be buying a Crossbreed style full size holster for those times I want to carry my SIG P245, but I may try a Sticky for it as well for certain occasions if I really like them.

smokehouse4444

Well...never heard anything from anybody here. You would think someone else would have a comparison between the Sticky and Stays-Put Holsters. I decided to just get some, and if I didn't like I would just return them. My own little review.

Bottom line...BOTH are excellent holsters, and do exactly what they say they will do. I bought Sticky's for my Kahr CM9 and my SIG P245. The Sticky's are primarily IWB holsters, but also are used as pocket holsters. I bought a Stays-Put for my Colt Mustang Pocketlite. The Stays-Put is marketed primarily as a pocket holster, but works equally as well as an IWB. I figured with these types of holsters, I could also try different positions of carry and really see what best works for me.

The holsters seem very well made and sturdy; not nearly as flimsy as an Uncle Mike's, but not quite as bulky as a Remora. The Stays-Put does have a small "ridge" along the top that aids in re-holstering. I tried them in all positions, and there is no doubt whatsoever that the crossdraw is the best position for me. The Mustang and Kahr easily melt away in that position, but what shocked me is that the SIG, a much more substantial firearm, blended away with almost as much ease. I put it in my waistband crossdraw, walked in the living room and asked my wife to tell me where the gun was, as I turned all the way around. She said she thought I was trying to trick her. She was quite surprised when I pulled out the bigger SIG.

I've jumped around, gotten in and out of vehicles, on and off the couch, twisted and turned, whatever...both brands of holster stayed right where I put them. What is cool is that you can always do minor adjustments to make the holsters fit just right. The inverse is that they rarely go in "perfectly", as a hybrid type belt loop holster might give you the same position everytime.

I really like these holsters, and wouldn't hesitate to buy more of them or recommend them to anyone else. At some point I will buy a nice kydex hybrid "Crossbreed" type holster for the SIG P245, but will probably carry it with the Sticky just as much. The Stays-Put Ultra's are a bit less expensive, so that could persuade some people as well.

So again, Sticky's and Stays-Put holsters...fantastic product that I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

JimmyR

Missed this thread the first time around...

I am a fan of the Sticky Holster- I had one for a Sig P250c, and currently have one for my S&W 642. The J frame sticky is used as much for pocket work as IWB work, and even just as much for just something to cover the trigger when in the safe/nightstand drawer. For $25, I don't know of much that serves as many functions as well as the Sticky.