Sticky p232 trigger

comn-cents

So I just bought a Sig p232 LNIB and took it out today for the first time.
The first 30 rounds went great then the trigger wouldn’t reset. If I pulled back on the slide 1/16 of an inch or so it would reset. So all I had with me was WD40 so I gave it a little spray. Shot 14 more rounds and it still wouldn’t reset. Pulled the slide again and shot a little WD40 on the trigger bar and around the trigger. The next 20 rounds no problem. I have many Sigs and this is the only one I’ve ever had a problem with. Any ideas on how to prevent this in the future? Thanks.

Harry Bonar

sig

Sir;
Where I used to work, for the very reason of what happened to you, we wanted 200 rounds, booble free, through a 1911 before sending it out for use!
The same would apply to your SIG - I'd lube it sparingly and limber it up some more - if this persists get a "reliability package" done on it by a knowledgeable Sig smith!
Harry B.

dondavis3

This happened to me too - except it was new in the box.

I always always really clean my new guns before shooting them.:eek:

But I bought it at a range and shot it right there -:p and the trigger acted as you said yours did.

After shooting I took it home and cleaned it well and it's never happened again - this gun is built to very tight spec's and needs to be "broken" in.

glockman55

Lets come forward to the future, lol. I just bought a p232 and looks like this problem might be the nature of the beast, like mentioned, I own numerous sig 1911's, never a hick-up, not used to having any issues with Sig's, I'll keep shooting it, and working the trigger to get it broke in,

Dixie Gunsmithing

Moderator Emeritus
Give a good cleaning to the trigger, trigger bar, trigger bar spring, and sear. Make sure the trigger bar isn't rubbing on anything it shouldn't, especially against the inside of the RH grip.

Dixie Gunsmithing

Moderator Emeritus
Below is a P230, which is almost the same. The trigger bar should move freely, forward and back with the trigger, and up and down, when mashing down on the cam at the top rear.

P230-1 by matneyw, on Flickr