STI Spartan IV 9mm info

Perturbed Panda

Well I'm looking at picking up a STI Spartan IV in 9mm. I'm curious as to how they perform, and if those that own one are satisfied with their purchase. I originally wanted to get a Springer Loaded in 9mm, but my friend purchased a Dan Wesson PM9. After firing 9mm through a 5" 1911, we both noticed that on standard bulk the cyclic rate was a bit sluggish. Hence this, yet to be decided, genius idea to buy a 4" 9mm 1911 came to be.

Thanks for the input guys.

i took some new shooters with me to the range a couple months back. i brought the spartan v, a sig p226 uspsa, a cz sp-01 shadow custom target, and my custom build 1911. they all liked the spartan v the best. funny that it retails for half or cheaper than the other 3.

oh yeah, i took it head to head against my buddy's wilson combat spec-ops 9mm. now it could have been the shooter, but i out-shot him every time. that's a $2k+ pistol against a $600 pistol.

Venom1956

MY PM9 ISN'T SLUGGISH! :mad:

it's... it's... um. ON ITS BREAK IN PERIOD! ;)

Actually the more it gets shot the quicker its been cycling. spring fatigue is AWESOME! :D

genius idea to buy a 4" 9mm 1911 came to be.

Yes your welcome. I am a genius.

KyJim

I have the 5 inch STI Spartan in 9mm and agree with Loose Holster Dan on how good it shoots. And I have $2,000 pistols to compare it to. :)