Steyr Scout

Rob Pincus

Okay, Okay..... In a moment of weakness Lindy (col's Daughter) cornered me inthe Steyr/ GSI booth and forced me to make the decision to own a Steyr Scout. I literally called Rich on his cell so that maybe he would rescue me, but he only encouraged it.

Oh well, I could have done worse...
I'll let everyone know if I end up thinking it is really worth the extra bucks over my homemade scout-type rifle (referred to as a pseudo-scout when in the Steyr booth ;))

GLV

Be sure you get the Cooper 26oz ( I think ) trigger. The one on Coopers rifle is superb. GLV

GLV-
The stock trigger is also excellent, inlight of alternatives on the market.

As you know, Steyr is not offering options on their trigger, though it is adjustable. The fact that Col Cooper allowed you to fire his, is your good fortune. Perhaps Rob will be as lucky in the near future.
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited 02-03-99).]

Rob Pincus

Here is the story... Matt from Gunsmoke (the custom shop that does the "Cooper Trigger") explained to me the deal with the trigger, but the GSI guys would prefer that I try outthe stock trigger first.. which I figure is fair.
I will be taking the rifle with me to Denver later this spring and meeting up with Matt and he's going to run me through a (by then VERY late) orientation/training session with the scout. At that time I will know If I want to change triggers.. also, I'll be able to shoot one of the 26 oz's to see if it is that much better.

I honestly hemmed and hawed over getting the "tactical" model.. just for Kodiac's sake ;)

GLV

Rich, I have shot the Steyr Scout with factory trigger, and dry fired Coopers with the 26oz trigger. There is no comparison. I have also owned and shot a number of rifles with set triggers, Steyrs and others.

If there is ever a left hand Scout, I will have one. I just could not develope a reasonable manual of arms with the current Scout being shot from the left side. The fact that I am right hand dominate with a bad right eye really limits my options. GLV