Steyr M40 w/wo night sites - good price!

superfly

I found two M40's - one with trijicon and one with factory triangle sights. The one factory is 370 and with the trijicons is 400. A good price for night sites, but I have already started replacing factory sights on my other guns with AO standard dot tritium front and white rear. I wanted to keep similar sights on all my firearms so that changing what I carry would not be so different - regarding sights. AO seems to be the only manufacturer with a product to fit many models. Does anyone know if there is a gun with similar dovetails as the Stery so I can get AO sights? Also, are the standard triangle Steyr sights glow in the dark? They look like they might be. All dealers here are clueless. I tried several minutes to acquire a target - the obligatory bin Laden poster in stores now and could not line up the triangles as easily as bar dot sights. I do this by focusing clearly ahead of the gun at the target and using my peripheral vision which is fuzzy to line up the sights. Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated.

Zundfolge

Also, are the standard triangle Steyr sights glow in the dark?
Nope, although I've seen M40s advertised with night sights and have wondered if Steyr makes a night sight version of the triangle trapazoid sights (however I doubt it since GSI doesn't sell them that way).

If you have questions about Steyrs the best place to ask them is to email the guys at GSI ( http://www.gsifirearms.com/ ) since they are the importer for Steyr.