steyr M-9

sewerman

i have been infatuated with this weapon for months after seeing one while purchasing handguns for my three boys during the holidays.(p24/7, XD.)
did mountains of research before finally talking myself into purchasing one.
i 'm commited to fixing the FTE issue if the need arises.:rolleyes:
so after throughly degreasing and relubing; away we went to the county range. first shot was amazing, poa was right on! low bore axis produced very managable recoil. comfortable grip, gun rests deep into the hand and great trigger, somewhere between the XD and glock.
had one FTE....after 50rds. maybe i limped it???:eek:
this gun is the LEO model and comes with nite sights and for the manual lock a hand cuff key instead of the funky two pronge key. only have one 10rd mag and will be looking at cdnn soon.
glock and steyr both austrian, very similar yet each distinct in their own way. glad i have both! :)

ShelbyV8

I have a M40/357 that I have never had a problem with. I think the FTE problem was new shooters who didn't have good upper body strength and a good grip. These weapons require a very firm grip until they break in. I think you will love it.

Pilot

I have a Steyr M9. Bought it on impulse as I get a great deal. I hate polymer, but caved due to the price and I wanted to get my wife a decent 9MM. I was surprised how accurate, reliable and easy to shoot the M9 was. I've never had a problem with the M9. If there are any FTE problems, a cleaning and/or new extractor spring usually fixes them. Mine has been 100%out of the box.