Stevens range report

sectshun8

Well... FINALLY got the .308 out to the range today. I let 4 rounds go off at 50 just to get my scope adjusted. 8 rds off at 100, First two shots were a little off, but the next 6 were all inside the (1) ring. By this time, all the guys down on the 100+ ranges with AR's and such were gathering around. I've shot a .308 plenty of times before, but geez, this thing really packs a punch. At the 200, 1st shot was outside the (2) ring, the next 7 all inside the (1). So with only one box of ammo through it, the thing was a tackdriver.

Again, for anyone who doesn't know, this is a Stevens 200 in a .308 with a Choate sniper stock and Leapers optics. The first 4 rounds through were Winchester Super X... the next 16 were Magtech.

Could not have asked for a better showing first time through.

rezmedic54

Stevens

I also have a Stevens in 7 mm Rem Mag. It is a shooter thats for sure at 150 yards it will group under 5/8 inch. The really funny thing is that it really likes the Wolf gold line ammo. So I have a great rifle that shoots great and really likes cheap ammo couldn't ask for more.

Akgeezer

I here many good things about the Stevens. I'm considering adding one to my collection most probably in 223. I'd like the accutrigger, but if you guys shoot this well without one, maybe the Steven's trigger isn't all that bad? What scopes are you guys using with this rifle? :confused:

rezmedic54

Stevens

The Stevens trigger can be adjusted. I adjusted mine down to right around 3 pounds. Everyone will say that scope sucks but on my 7 mm rem mag Stevens I have a Barska tactical 6x24x44mm. I really like it it's very clear has held zero. When I sighted mine in I started at 50 yds. and worked out in 50 yard increments I'm out to 200 and if I want to shoot at 50 or what ever I dial down or up my scope which ever and it right there. So all in all I feels this set up works for me.