stevens or nef

ELMOUSMC

IMHO I would chose the Stevens you get the accuracy of a Savage you get a much more solid platform (not break action) and for a few dollars more you can put a better trigger in it

danweasel

I have the stevens 200 in .308 and I couldn't be happier. $265 bucks for an accurate, light rifle. Trigger sucks a bit but I lightened it up and it helped a lot.

223 and hockey don't match up!

ChicagoTex

The Stevens is likely the better rifle in and of itself.

However, the NEF Handi-Rifle offers some unique advantages: It is lighter weight, it breaks down into two pieces for compact transportation (and is a more compact firearm overall), and best of all, it is extremely easy to expand it's versatility by buying extra barrels for other calibers or for swapping between sights and scope without losing zero.

Accuracy on the NEF Handi-Rifles is quite excellent as well, if you read the range reports.

Honestly, I think I'd go for the NEF just for it's unique attributes/advantages.

L_Killkenny

and best of all, it is extremely easy to expand it's versatility by buying extra barrels for other calibers

Switching the barrels on the Stevens is almost as easy. Remove the barrel nut, install new barrel, adjust headspace. Done.