Stevens Model 311 - owners manual

Jeff Thomas

I have an old Stevens shotgun:

On the frame it reads 'Stevens Model 311, Savage Arms Corporation, Chicopee Falls, Mass. U.S.A.' and on the other side, 'Model 311A'.
On the barrels (28"): 'Selected Forged Steel', and on the other 'Proof Tested 12 Gauge, 2 3/4 Inch Chamber'
Underneath the barrels: 'UBAE' (with the 'A' and the 'E' in circles)

I gather this is a variation of a very common SxS double-barreled shotgun. And, I understand that Savage Arms took over the Stevens company years ago.

I have contacted Savage several times by phone and once by letter, requesting an owners manual for this shotgun. While it's not a critical deal, I like to have manuals for any firearm I own. Savage has never responded to my requests - I can't get a manual or even a 'no'. No response.

Harley, do you (or anyone else on the board) know where I can obtain an owners manual for this 311? I'm not sure of its age, but perhaps the markings will help.

Thank you. Regards from AZ

Harley Nolden

Staff In Memoriam
Jeff:
I don't have the owner's manal, but I do have the photo and descriptive assem/disassem of the 311 If you would like to have it.

HJN

BBINJ

Bob Harlock at AAAandA@aol.com has the manual you need, and also for just about any firearm you could possibly imagine.

Jeff Thomas

Harley, I'm thinking of buying the set of Gun Digest Books - those will probably have the photos and assembly / disassembly, right?

And BBINJ, thanks for the tip. I've sent an email to Bob, and I hope he can help me out.

Thanks very much, to both of you. Happy Thanksgiving.