stevens model 200 7mm-08 buy it or not?

superpelly

I can get a brand new in the box (bolt still in plastic) Stevens model 200 bolt action 7mm-08 for $225.00

I know they run around $300.00 new. My buddie won it at some kind of raffle.

How are the rifles?

Jimro

Triggers suck but it's well worth the money. Replacement triggers can be had or you can try to adjust the stock trigger. I'd jump on that deal.

Jimro

BurkGlocker

I bought a Stevens in .308... took it to the range, but the trigger pull :barf:!!!
Then one of the older guys came over and says in a light voice, "you know son, that trigger is adjustable.." Took it home, took off the stock and adjusted the trigger to a lighter setting, around 2.5-3 lbs, and it shoots beautifully. 300+ yard shots aren't out of the question anymore...:D and the trigger break is CRISP...

Mannlicher

They are well made rifles, that give better than average accuracy. Thats a great price. Not every rifle in my safe is a custom job.

R.Childs

Buy it!

OR

Give me the name of the guy who has it and I'll buy it. Screw in a pac nor barrel chambered in 22-250ai or 6mmbr.

handlerer

7mm-08

It is against my principles to advise anyone against buying firearms, so go get it. 7mm-08 is fun and rewarding to shoot. They are potentially very accurate and versatile. You can use them for any game up to and including large elk, so you really can't go wrong. Later on you may want to look at dropping in an after market trigger, such as a Timney. But for the price, I think you will be pleased. A 7mm anything is great for a reloader, because of the excellent bullet selection. So get it, practice, and you will be encouraged by how easy it is become proficient with it. Enjoy!!