Stevens .223 for cheap

glockopop

I put a used one on layaway today. It has a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope and a harris bi-pod installed. 259 bucks. This seems like a great deal to me, but I'm more of a pistol guy, and this will be my first rifle, so I don't know for sure. The only other centerfire rifle I've ever shot was a Savage .223, so this will be somewhat familiar ground for me. I'll be using it for target shooting and prairie dog hunting. Am I getting a good deal?

FirstFreedom

I think that's a really good deal since it includes the scope, rings, & bipod. I've seen those going for as much as $279 plain, IIRC. It will be a shooter that you'll enjoy, in all likelihood.

glockopop

I looked on Gunsamerica, and most of these rifles are going for about 300 bucks. It seems like the accessories are what really adds value to the package.

FirstFreedom

By the way, WHICH Bushnell? Sportview, Sportsman, Banner, Trophy, what? Because being used, it may have a better scope than what it may have come with originally in a package deal - so you may have gotten even better deal than you or I think.