stevens 22-410 with USAF markings

eastbank

i just picked up this stevens 22-410 over under with a tenenite stock,with USAF markings on it. in ex con. does any one know any thing about it and its value? thanks eastbank.

MSgt G

I have no info for you, but being retired Air Force I'm interested in what you find out. Have you contacted the company?

eastbank

MSGT, no. just got it sat, the markings are on the bottom of the receiver just back of the fore end, USAF with a serial number and the number is inside the fore end and on the under side of the barrels, number 493xxx. a friend of mine has one just like it but it has no military markings and no serial number. eastbank.

RetiredLawman

During the 1950's such a combo was carried on my C-135 in the survival package.

I have owned many of the regular factory run Savage 24s since then. Never could find one that would shot to point of aim with both barrels.
They were made for civilian use in 22/410, 22/20 ga, 22/12 ga, and 30-30/20 gauge and 12 gauges.

My reason for giving up on them was you could set the rifle sights and the shotgun would shoot over toward the Jone's farm. Never could get parallel barrels and I tried many of them. They would have been handy if they were made to have the same point of impact but never could find one that would do it.