Stephan King's Donation

rcurry

That’s a very nice thing for Stephen & Tabitha King to do for our Troops. The writer always surprises and interests me with his involvements. Around 2007 while I was attending a John Mellencamp concert in Louisville Ky., Stephen King showed up on the concert stage to “work it” with John Mellencamp.

Personally I like learning when a public figure supports our Troops or 2nd amendment rights and so forth.

Having this type of information can impact my decisions when deciding how to spend hard earned money.

PSP

I'm glad he found a better use for his money than supporting the vast left wing conspiracy. ;)

80viking

he's a cool guy, been a fan of his for a long time, I saw that he donated $12,999, seems Mr King doesn't like the number 13 :)

Atrain9

I agree a very nice thing to do, but this is after ripping on troops when he said this. "The fact is if you can read, you can walk into a job later on. If you don't, then you've got the Army, Iraq, I don't know, something like that." Therefore he is just trying to cover his ass. Dont let him fool you.

Buzzcook

King and his wife have a history of charitable giving. I'm not at all surprised that they were approached for this, or that they accepted.

BTW supporting Bush's war (now Obama's) is not the same thing as supporting the troops. I'd say just the opposite.