Sten Artifact

Munro Williams

This was posted over at "Full Auto" and drew one response which, although enlightening, did not provide me with exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for any info.

Speaking of Stens.....

Over here I saw a Sten receiver, minus return spring, (and the) breach block (is) minus cocking handle, with a faux barrel, in an odds and ends shop. It's too crude a piece of metal to be anything but the real McCoy. The only marking on it is 03009, stamped on the magazine housing.

Is it worth the twenty four dollars or so they're asking for it, or is it just junk, guaranteed to clutter up my already crowded Japanese dwelling?

Thanks for any information.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Don't know for sure about that one, but the Japanese made something like that for the collector market. Strictly a dummy, with zinc cast receiver and parts. They sold a few here, but stopped, I don't know if there was a problem with the law or just not enough sales. They also made similar copies of the German MP.40, Luger, Colt .45, etc. The only one that ever fooled me was the dummy Enfield Pistol No.2 Mk 1; the copy was fully as crude as the original.

Jim